Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Simple Things in Life

I hate to quote from songs, but this particular verse makes me step back and realize...
* "it's funny how it`s the simple things in life that mean the most. Not where you live, what
you drive, or the price tag on your clothes. There`s no dollar sign on a piece of mind this I`ve
come to know." * It's pretty cheesy, but it's so true.
There are so many things in life that we all take for granted, especially time. We always have time to do the things we want to do like tan, watch TV, read, go shopping, walk, but when it comes time to call that special someone, visit your grandmother, rub your husband's feet (yes, I said it), or go to church we suddenly don't have time for that. I have been guilty of all of these things, numerous times to be exact. Sitting here makes me realize that now is the time to be with your family and friends, make that phone call, sit down with your husband and rub his feet. Because tomorrow, you may not have time.

I don't know if it's Jeremy's grandmother having cancer that has triggered this sudden drive to spend time with my family, or if it's my late MawMaw's birthday that's rapidly approaching that's making me feel this way, but one way or another I have realized that I need to be spending as much time as possible with the one's I love, because (as my Momma puts it) "we don't even have the promise of tomorrow."

So with that in mind, make time for that simple phone call, visit with your grandmaw/grandpaw, or massage your husband's feet (that he's been begging for all week), because in the end, it's the simple things in life that mean the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment